Saturday 1 October 2011

Essential's For Mens Winter Fashion - Outerwear

Although it may not feel like it right now in the UK, winter is soon to be upon us, so I'm going to share my winter essentials for this year.


Let's begin with the most important things. A good variety of jackets/outerwear is a necessity, i would defiantly recommend choosing different styles and textures so you can mix things up throughout the season.


Quilted jackets were in last year and it seems they're in this year too, being stocked in designer boutiques as well  as our favourite high street stores, the best I've seen on the high street has to be these two, both from Zara.
      Zara £39.99                                                        Zara £89.99     
I just love the look of these jackets, the cut of the left one is perfect for a casual day and the finish of the right one with leather piping and leather on the shoulder adds a unique touch.
No winter wardrobe is complete without some plain zip-up sweatshirt hoodies from  American Apparel, these are perfect basic hoodies, they're great for keeping warm and have such an iconic look, my personal favourite colours for this winter would be;
American Apparel £40per/£60twin pack (Colours from left-right Truffle-Sea Blue-Pewter-Forest)
These colours would be perfect for this winter as they are very toned down, brighter sweatshirts to me should be worn in the spring/summer.

My final main outerwear essential is the Gilet, like the quilted jacket it made a break into the high street last winter and will be here again this year. These are my high street picks.
Jack wills £98 (left;Evergreen right;Wine)                                      River Island £50 (Khaki)
These Gilet's would go perfectly with any of the sweatshirts I mentioned earlier, paired with a patterned knit jumper or a basic t-shirt.


This post is part one of my Men's Winter Fashion Essentials collection. I will soon be posting my other Winter Essentials, including tops/jumpers, trousers&denim's and accessories.

Thanks for reading,

1 comment:

  1. your article is very informative and written very well. I think you have raised a very good topic that has generated good discussion among the users of your site. it helped me learning a lot.Urban Styles

    ReplyDelete